Thursday, September 24, 2009

Joining the Blogging World

I have finally decided to jump into the world of blogging. There is no other thing I want to share more than my love for stamping, altered arts and other paper crafts. When I had to stop working as an oncology nurse five years ago it was so hard not being able to go to a job I loved every day. I really thought I would retire from nursing in another 20 years, caring for children with cancer as I always had. I was so limited physically in what I could do, it was a blessing to have my stamping and paper arts hobbies to keep me involved in something that felt productive.


Over time I have stopped teaching my workshops and I really miss the friends I made while sharing stamping and scrapbooking ideas. I plan on using this blog to share ideas and inspiration, introduce you to new products and connect with others who do the same. Since I know that I have some beginner and advanced stampers reading here, I will include basic as well as advanced techniques and information. In addition, I have many online friends who blog and now I can share more of my artwork with them and the rest of those who seek inspiration online. Hopefully you will find inspiring ideas and learn something new when you check into my Accidental Studio.


I thought I would show you a sneak peak of my studio. I have found that if I can see my stuff I will use it, so I have made an effort to use items that will show off my stash. I was fortunate to get in on the Pottery Barn wall storage shelves before they were discontinued. They cover one wall in my studio, from floor to ceiling. This system holds lots of different things and makes finding items a breeze. My Mother-in-law collected antique jars over the years and now they house my ribbons. You can see my ribbon shelf here:


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you join me on my blogging journey.

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment